Rooting our devices has become more difficult due to developments in Android firmware and privacy. Whereas this will take extra steps, it is still easily possible provided users should know the correct procedure. By doing this one will end up losing official support, updates, and warranties if they root the Samsung Galaxy M21. However, if anyone still wants to download a customized OS, access root programmes, or to eliminate bloatware for a lag-free experience, it will be worth it. The process of installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21 smartphone is fairly straightforward, however by the end of this article, anyone will have successfully installed TWRP.
Introducing the Samsung Galaxy M21
The Samsung Galaxy M21 was released in India on March 18th, 2020. This phone features a 6.4-inch Full HD + display with a 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution, there are 403 pixels per inch in total and also with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The Exynos 9611 chipset is found in the Galaxy M21 with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. It has an octa-core(2.3 GHz, quad-core, Cortex A73 + 1.7GHz, quad-core, Cortex A53) processor. The phone comes in two memory and storage configurations: 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, and 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. This smartphone features an awesome triple rear camera setup of 48 MP Primary Camera + 8 MP Ultra-Wide Angle + 5 MP Depth Camera Camera as well as a 20 MP Selfie Camera. The Samsung Galaxy M21 has a 6000 mAh non-removable battery that features fast battery charging. Available in Midnight Blue, Raven Black colours.
What is TWRP recovery, and how does it work?
TWRP Recovery (Team Win Recovery) is a Custom Recovery that allows you to install third-party firmware, custom ROMs, and flash zip files. TWRP comes with a lot more features than Stock Recovery. It’s a touchscreen-based interface that makes flashing extremely simple.
The following functionalities are available with TWRP:
- Partition backups in TAR or raw Image format
- Backups from internal memory, external Device storage, and OTG devices can be restored.
- Installation of Custom Firmware
- Wiping out partitions
- deleting a file
- Access to a terminal
- ADB Support for the Root Shell Theme
- Support for decryption may be available depending on the device.
What are the Benefits of TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21?
Installing TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy M21 has a number of advantages. Here are a few examples:
- Rooting the Samsung Galaxy M21 smartphone is simple.
- Anyone can Hard Reset or Wipe their smartphone after installing TWRP.
- Users can update your phone to the most recent version of Android.
- Taking a backup of your Android device has never been easier.
- One can easily install ZIP files or a custom ROM on their phone.
What are the Drawbacks of installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21?
- The warranty on the phone is voided.
- The phone will be dead if anyone flashes the wrong or insecure files.
- After installing TWRP, users may experience certain performance difficulties.
- If users flash an unstable ROM to their Samsung Galaxy M21, the phone may become unusable.
- The M21 will no longer receive an official OTA update from the phone manufacturer.
- The device will no longer be secured.
Requirements for installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M21
Keep the following points in mind before beginning the installation procedure on the Samsung Galaxy M21.
- Make a complete backup of your data.
- Unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy M21 mobile before installation.
- Charge your phone to at least 85% of its capacity.
- Select the proper model of Samsung Galaxy M21 (SM-M215F, SM-M215F/DS, SM-M215F/DSN).
- Magisk Manager should be downloaded.
- TWRP for the Galaxy M21 must be downloaded.
- On PC, download and install Odin as well as the most recent Samsung USB drivers.
How to unlock the bootloader on the M21 device
Before proceeding on to further processes, let’s have a look at how to unlock the bootloader, since we won’t be able to succeed without it.
- To continue, turn on Developer Mode on the Galaxy M21.
- To begin, open the Settings app.
- To enable Developer mode, go to Settings > About phone > Build Number and then tap on the build number 5 to 8 times.
- Return to the Settings Tab and choose Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- By pressing the allow option on Confirmation enable the OEM Unlock option.
- Turn the device off, then to enter download mode, press Volume Up and Volume Down button together and connect the device to a PC.
- After reaching the download option, long press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
- Please keep in mind that this method will completely erase the device.
- The device will start up again.
- The bootloader of the Galaxy M21 was then unlocked.
Method 1 – Install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21
- On your Windows PC, you must now install and set up ADB and Fastboot, it’s a vital step.
ADB Fastboot installation procedure:
- To start it, you’ll need administrator rights.
- Select yes to install ADB and Fast boot or no to not install ADB and Fastboot.
- Select yes to install ADB system-wide or no to install ADB exclusively for the current user.
- Select Yes if you want to install drivers or No if you don’t want to.
- Continue installing the driver.
- 15 seconds have elapsed – the procedure will be completed.
- Then, on the PC, download the TWRP recovery file and rename it to twrp.img.
- After you’ve downloaded the files, go to Platform Tools >> To open Command Prompt, type “cmd” in the Address Bar and hit Enter.
- Connect the mobile with the computer >> type “adb devices” into the command prompt.
- Also, enter Fastboot mode on your Samsung Galaxy M21 smartphone. To do so, use the command “adb reboot bootloader” in the command window.
- Fastboot mode will now be enabled on the device. Then type in the following code – “fastboot flash twrp.img”. Also, TWRP.img should be replaced with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- It will now begin flashing TWRP Recovery and a custom recovery.
- Now reboot the phone, run the following instruction to reboot “fastboot reboot”.
- That’s All There Is To It TWRP Recovery Has Been Successfully Installed.
Method 2 – for TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21 using Flashify app
- To begin, instal the Flashify software on your Samsung Galaxy M21 from Play Store.
- Next, allow root access in the Flashify app.
- Then launch the program, you’ll find three options: “Boot Image,” “Recovery Image,” and “Zip File.”
- To begin, click on Recovery Image. You will be presented with more alternatives as soon as you do so.
- Then, select TWRP for download. You’ll also have the option of downloading CWM custom recovery, however TWRP custom recovery is recommended.
- The TWRP firmware for Galaxy M21 is now being downloaded. And when the download is completed. Finally, select “Yes, install custom Recovery” from the drop-down menu.
- That’s it now just wait for the recovery to finish installing on your phone.
- Congrats, the installation of TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21 is completed. One may now use the phone to install the favorite custom ROMs and zip files.
Procedure-3 for TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21 Using the TWRP Application
- To begin, go to the Play Store and search for “TWRP” then install it.
- Then, open the TWRP app and enable root access.
- After that, it will ask you to allow root access, which you should do.
- Now you must search for the device and choose the device.
- You will then see a list of TWRP image versions, choose the most recent TWRP image and save it to the phone’s internal storage.
- Return to the previous page after the download is complete.
- Tap on TWRP Flash once more, now select a file to flash by tapping on “Select a file to flash”.
- Then navigate to the TWRP image file you just downloaded.
- Select it and press the Flash to Recovery button.
- The Flashing procedure might take a few seconds to complete.
- That’s all there Is to do, the TWRP recovery has been successfully installed on the Samsung Galaxy M21.
Changes after the TWRP is installed on Galaxy M21
After installing TWRP on the Galaxy M21, you can perform a lot of things. Here are some examples:
- On the Galaxy M21, anyone may easily activate root access.
- You can use one of the modified ROMs for the Galaxy M21.
- Some modifications, magisk modules, and other items can be installed.
This article provides a thorough step-by-step friendly guide for installing TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy M21 smartphone. It’s not difficult to install TWRP on any android device, if any perform all of the instructions successfully. Follow the steps properly to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy M21, and it will be a good idea to verify the criteria while beginning the procedure. Check the compatible model number before installing TWRP Recovery. You may also check for your device on the TWRP website, kindly verify that the recovery file is correct or not.